How is Anxiety Treated?
Many people experience anxiety in today’s hectic world. In fact, approximately one in five people in the U.S. are currently living with an anxiety disorder. For some people, anxiety is beyond an annoyance; an anxiety disorder is a debilitating problem that interferes with one’s ability to function at their best and enjoy daily life.
If that sounds like you, or someone you love, we can help.
At Insight Behavioral Health Centers, our mental health clinicians guide individuals with anxiety to learn ways to effectively manage — and reduce — their distress so that they can experience relief and return to living more fully.
Effective treatment for anxiety
With so many centers offering anxiety treatment, how do you choose where to go? A number of factors may influence your decision-making process, and one of those factors should be the experience and expertise of the clinicians and leadership at the treatment center.
The following qualities of our staff continue to make Insight a well-respected, go-to treatment provider — even for patients with the most complex anxiety issues.
- Our professionals focus on evidence-based treatments for anxiety that have proven results.
- Our doctors and therapists are highly educated and credentialed. Insight Behavioral Health Centers employs many MDs and PhDs/PsyDs.
- Our staff value and pursue ongoing education and training on the latest, most effective treatments that help patients overcome anxiety, such as exposure-based treatments, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), and Radically Open DBT (RO-DBT).
- Our clinicians are trained to be culturally competent and are experienced in working with patients of all genders and from diverse backgrounds.
- Our experts are familiar with treating a range of severity, a range of diagnoses, and a range of different life experiences.
- We are dedicated to collecting and analyzing patient outcome data in order to understand areas of effectiveness and areas for continued growth
Every day we teach patients how to address their anxiety, including managing obsessions, specific phobias (flying, public speaking), social anxieties, and other fears and worries.
Should you choose treatment with us, our supportive staff will guide you on your own unique path to emotional wellness — offering you the tools and teaching you the skills that you will need to navigate your journey to recovery.
Therapies for Anxiety Disorders
Therapies for anxiety disorders
At Insight, we are proud to offer effective, evidence-based treatment modalities and medications to help you develop and maintain a healthy and more balanced life. When you choose Insight as a treatment center for an anxiety disorder, our primary treatment goals will be to:
- Help you understand what anxiety is and why it occurs
- Teach you about the causes and triggers of anxiety
- Guide you to a place where you can live a life where anxiety is no longer in charge of your behavior
- Introduce you to skills to regulate your thoughts, emotions, and physical, as well as behavioral reactions
- Support you as you move towards your life’s values and goals
All of our therapists and psychiatrists are thoroughly trained and supervised by advanced-level clinicians. These individuals have certifications and specific skills training in the evidence-based therapies that are shown to be the most effective therapies for anxiety:
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy including Exposure and Response Prevention and Behavioral Activation
- Radically Open-Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
In addition, our on-site psychiatrists provide regular Medication Management for all of the patients in our Residential and Partial Hospitalization programs (PHP).
During your time at Insight, a primary goal of anxiety treatment will be to learn how to regulate your emotions safely and effectively. To support our patients in these transitions, our therapists will work with you to address wellness of your mind, body and spirit with Experiential Therapies (movement, art and yoga).
Anxiety treatment is customized to each individual and we do our best to ensure that each patient receives the most specialized therapy in their work with us. Each week, your individual therapist will work closely with you to make sure that you are making progress in treatment.
Levels of Care for Anxiety Treatment
How do you know if Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center is right for you? You are eligible to seek treatment at Insight if you need more intensive support than is offered in an individual, outpatient setting. We offer several levels of care to meet your needs.
You are able to move up and down through the levels of care based on your needs during anxiety treatment, which makes it more likely that you can receive start to finish care with us and retain your treatment team throughout the process, rather than moving between programs when your needs change. This vertically-integrated treatment design is one of the hallmarks of the excellent care we provide for our patients.
During intake, our compassionate Clinical Assessment team will work with you to determine the ideal level of care for you.
Following treatment, we will continue to offer ongoing support. Alumni events help to keep you focused on anxiety recovery and connected to the larger community of people pursuing similar goals.
Types of Treatment
The highest level of care; you live on site and attend therapy groups while being supported through tasks to improve functioning
Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
You attend Pathlight groups 7 days per week
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Treatment takes place 3 to 5 days per week
Child and Adolescent Programming
Residential, PHP, and IOP
Family Involvement in Anxiety Treatment
Family support and involvement is key to helping people in treatment for anxiety. In order to overcome debilitating anxiety, significant life changes are often necessary. We encourage family members to support their loved one’s recovery by participating in some of our family-oriented therapies and programs, including:
- Family therapy
- Family Days
- Multi-family education groups