What are Mood, Anxiety & Trauma Disorders?
Mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and trauma-related disorders are different psychological conditions that can be successfully treated with talk therapy, medication, or a combination of the two.
Mood disorders — are characterized by an ongoing disturbance in mood, including elevated mood (mania), depression or mood swings.
Anxiety disorders — are a group of clinically significant diagnoses characterized by overwhelming worry, fear or concern — ultimately interfering with one’s quality of life and ability to function effectively at work, school or home.
Trauma-related disorders — occur when individuals develop short-term (acute) or long-lasting (chronic) symptoms of distress following a traumatic event. Trauma-related disorders include posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Get Help for Mood, Anxiety and Trauma-Related Disorders
Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center provides comprehensive, evidence-based treatment for eating disorders and a number of different mood, anxiety, and trauma-related disorders, including:
- Depressive Disorders including Major Depressive Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders (Generalized, OCD, Panic)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Trauma (including childhood and adult sexual, physical and emotional abuse)
- Attachment Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Co-Occurring Substance Abuse and Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Co-Occurring Eating Disorders and Mood and Anxiety Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder (due to recent changes, transitions or losses)
- Grief and Complicated Grief
Patients with co-occuring eating disorders are able to get treatment at an Eating Recovery Center location for both the eating disorder and the above listed conditions.
Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center has several locations across the country; click on the city you are interested in to learn more:
- Austin, TX
- Bellevue, WA
- Chicago, IL
- Cincinnati, OH
- Denver, CO (Adult treatment)
- Denver, CO (Child and adolescent treatment)
- Baltimore, MD
- San Antonio, TX
- Seattle, WA
- The Woodlands, TX (Adolescent treatment)
The levels of care at Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center include Residential, Partial Hospitalization, Intensive Outpatient and Virtual Care programs.
Recovery is within your reach
Mood and anxiety disorders are complex mental illnesses that require professional treatment to achieve a full and lasting recovery. If you or a loved one need help, please call us at 877-825-8584 to schedule a free, confidential consultation with an ERC Masters-level clinician.