Biotemperament is the biological bases of emotions that impacts how we perceive the world and how we regulate our emotions. This presentation will examine how biotemperament impacts behaviors and emotional response patterns in individuals diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). Dr. Ellen Astrachan-Fletcher, expert on RO-DBT, will discuss overcontrolled (OC) and undercontrolled (UC) response patterns as well as treatment perspectives for each biotemperament. Attendees will learn skills to address UC and OC presentations in their BPD patients.
The target audience for this continuing education program is mental health providers and clinicians working with individuals with mental health diagnoses. Materials are appropriate for learners with an introductory level of understanding about mental health concerns.
Following this presentation, participants will be able to…
- Define traits of UC and OC
- Describe UC and OC response patterns in individuals who have been diagnosed with BPD
- Practice interventions for UC and OC individuals who have been diagnosed with BPD
Available Continuing Education Credit
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Accredited provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR). CDR credentialed practitioners will receive 1.5 continuing professional education units (CPEU) for completion of this activity.
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP No. 6815 Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. Eating Recovery Center is solely responsible for all aspects of the programs.
- Eating Recovery Center, LLC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Eating Recovery Center maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
- Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Mood Anxiety Center has received Approved CEC Provider Status by NASW Colorado for Unlimited educational programs
All Eating Recovery Center, LLC sponsored educational activities are presented in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are in need of accommodations, please contact Wendy Foulds Mathes at Wendy.Mathes@ERCPathlight.com