Exploring Parenting in the Here & Now
Eating Recovery Center and Pathlight Mood & Anxiety Center invite parents, guardians, and other important individuals in a child or teen’s life to join in conversation with ERC Pathlight clinical leaders for this 6-week education and support series. Presentations and live Q&A discussions will reach across an array of important topics about raising children and teens in 2023.
Join us as we do a deep dive into common areas of concern including:
- Relationship with Food
- Body Image & Responding to Bullying
- Social Media
- Connecting with a Child who is Shut Down
There is no obligation to attend every week! Simply register and join during the weeks that sound the most helpful to you. Each presentation will last approximately 75 minutes, and will include a presentation, time for Q&A and time for a live discussion.
Collectively, the topics and discussions listed below will supply parents, guardians, and other important adults in a child’s life with information and education using the Emotion Focused Family Therapy (EFFT) model – helping them walk away feeling empowered.
May 1, 2023: Because, Because, Because: Increasing Connection Through Validation
• Topic: Introduction to Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT), and how it can help you increase connection with your loved one, and ability to support them in their mental health needs.
• Presenter: Alanna Hager, PhD | she/her | ERC Pathlight Clinical Director
May 8, 2023: Get out of Your Own Way: Identifying Personal Blocks to Setting Boundaries
• Topic: Identifying your emotional and mental blocks to setting boundaries with your loved one, and tolls to creating confident communication using principles from EFFT.
• Presenter: Em Markovich, M.Ed., LPC | she/her or they/them | ERC Pathlight Clinical Director
May 15, 2023: What’s for Dinner? Balancing a Positive Relationship with Food with your Busy Life
• Topic: How to help your loved one create a positive relationship with food in the day-to-day using principles from EFFT.
• Presenter: Adee Levinstein, MS, RD, LD, CEDS-S | she/her | ERC Pathlight Nutrition Manager & Interim Practice Manager
May 22, 2023: Don’t Talk to My Friend That Way: Body Image and Bullying with the Confident Kid Collective
• Topic: How to help your loved one cultivate a helpful relationship with their body, PLUS tools for combating bullying whit it arises.
• Presenter: Julia “JuJu” Parzyck | she/her | Confident Kid Collective Founder
June 5, 2023: #NoFilter: A Parents Role in the World of Social Media
• Topic: Helping you identify your role within your loved one’s relationship to social media, and knowledge and tools you can practically use to intervene or support.
• Presenter: Leslee Marcom, PhD, CEDS-S | she/her | ERC Pathlight Senior Clinical Director
• Guest: Breaking the Chains Foundation
June 12, 2023: Talking to a Brick Wall: A How to Guide
• Topic: Validating and supporting your child when they are “shut down” or silent using principles from EFFT.
• Presenter: Maggie Banks, LCSW | she/her | ERC Pathlight VIOP Primary Therapist