It’s time to talk about eating disorders on campus. Maybe it’s your teammate. Your roommate. Your partner. The person you sit next to in class. Or someone you pass when you go to the gym. Maybe it’s you, and you just don’t know how to ask for help.
Whoever it may be, it’s likely that right now you know somebody who is silently struggling with an eating disorder and feels like they don’t know how to talk about it.
Join us during National Eating Disorders Awareness Week on February 22 from 8 - 9:30 p.m. EST as Say It Brave on Campus arrives at your college to host an honest, compassionate conversation on eating disorders, what they look like, what can be done, and inspiring stories from some of your favorite recovery advocates.
In this intimate panel discussion, come listen and partake with infamous dance queen Colleen Werner; beloved social media influencer and dietician Shana Minei Spence, MS, RDN, CDN; NFL athlete Patrick Devenny; and Southern Smash founder McCall Dempsey as they discuss:
- Their eating disorder experience, recovery, and how diet culture is one big lie
- Pressure college students feel to maintain a certain image
- Signs of an eating disorder
- Problematic disordered eating trends likely on your campus
- How to change the conversation in your friend group on dieting and food
As part of The Alliance for Eating Disorders’ NOT ONE MORE event, a weekend dedicated to around-the-clock support for those struggling with an eating disorder or loved ones of someone with an eating disorder, this event is created in hopes that NOT ONE MORE life is lost, NOT ONE MORE person is taken, and NOT ONE MORE moment is destroyed by the insidious disease of an eating disorder.
* We’re aware that these topics may be sensitive and encourage you to involve mental health providers on your campus with your Watch Party. Please contact SayItBrave@ERCPathlight.com for any assistance in coordinating your Watch Party, or to be connected with a mental health professional who can attend.
Please note, if you attend the event on February 22nd, viewers will have a dedicated time for Q&A with the presenters. If you are unable to attend on this date, registrants will be sent the recorded presentation. You must register to receive the event on-demand.